News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Sore/Raw batch of skin on the crease of my butt crack.

SmokeoneFTW - Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:48 am

First of all I just want to say this Is not a joke topic.

I also hope I'm In the right forum.

On the crease of my buttocks... there Is a piece of flesh that Is swollen. It's been like that for a couple of days.

I havent been kicked In that area or anything like that nor am I a homosexual or anything.

There are no cuts or bruises or anything....just a piece of flesh that Is swollen and the area around It Is red.

Unfortunantly we have only 1 dermatologist on the Island who Isnt even on the Island at this time. She will be here at the beginning of next month which Is when my appointment Is.

But Im In pain right now. It hurts to sit and walk correctly.

Any advice on what I should do would be greatly appreciated.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:53 am

User avatar Hello,Pilonidal cysts typically affect this region and are supposed to arise from hair irritation in the area.These cause painful abscess in the butt crack area.These patiens can present as an emergecy with acute pain.Dermoid cysts too could occur here and contain vestiges of embryonic elements.Treatment is with incision and drainage.Small cysts may only need antibiotic therapy.Complications are recurrence and sinus formation.Do consult a surgeon at the earliest,or go to ER for further management.Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here