Question: Scab on Penis head (Abstinent 21 yo)

diadorr - Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:51 pm

I am a 21 year old homosexual male. I have never had sex with a guy, nor a girl (for my own reasons) I have never preformed oral sex, or received oral sex either. I do masturbate every day or every other day. Two weeks ago, I noticed a bump on the head of my penis right where it meets the shaft and I thought it was from irritation perhaps, and that it would go away. That was not the case, it scabbed and I did not touch it and I stopped masturbating in hopes that it would disappear. After the scab fell off there was an opening and it was sitting on a bump that looked like a mosquito bite. It scabbed again and now its an ongoing process where the scab falls off, and then reappears. I am wondering what it could possibly be because It CANNOT be an STD. The last time I kissed someone on the lips must have been months upon months ago. The scab itches every now and then, but then it goes away.

I will probably go to the doctor to see what it is, but I was wondering if maybe someone knew a easy way to take care of it so I wouldn't have to go in at all
Any help would be appreciated, Thank you!
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:59 am

User avatar Hello,What you have may be a mild balanoposthitis.Balanitis is of the glans and posthitis meaning mucus membrane of penis.This can be caused by minor injuries,irritants,allergies due to drugs,and infections on already irritated tissue.Staphylococci bacteria,fungi can cause maceration.Venereal diseases do cause features like this but in your case the earlier is the likely diagnosis due to no history of exposure.Good personal hygene,and also antifungal cremes or antibiotic as may be indicated after diagnosis by your doctor.Best wishes.

|