News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Scab on Penis head (Abstinent 21 yo)

diadorr - Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:51 pm

Hello,
I am a 21 year old homosexual male. I have never had sex with a guy, nor a girl (for my own reasons) I have never preformed oral sex, or received oral sex either. I do masturbate every day or every other day. Two weeks ago, I noticed a bump on the head of my penis right where it meets the shaft and I thought it was from irritation perhaps, and that it would go away. That was not the case, it scabbed and I did not touch it and I stopped masturbating in hopes that it would disappear. After the scab fell off there was an opening and it was sitting on a bump that looked like a mosquito bite. It scabbed again and now its an ongoing process where the scab falls off, and then reappears. I am wondering what it could possibly be because It CANNOT be an STD. The last time I kissed someone on the lips must have been months upon months ago. The scab itches every now and then, but then it goes away.

I will probably go to the doctor to see what it is, but I was wondering if maybe someone knew a easy way to take care of it so I wouldn't have to go in at all
Any help would be appreciated, Thank you!
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:59 am

User avatar Hello,What you have may be a mild balanoposthitis.Balanitis is of the glans and posthitis meaning mucus membrane of penis.This can be caused by minor injuries,irritants,allergies due to drugs,and infections on already irritated tissue.Staphylococci bacteria,fungi can cause maceration.Venereal diseases do cause features like this but in your case the earlier is the likely diagnosis due to no history of exposure.Good personal hygene,and also antifungal cremes or antibiotic as may be indicated after diagnosis by your doctor.Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here