News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Rash On and around Eyelids

pawlusim - Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:54 am

Dear Doctor,

I have since two days rash on and around my left and right eyelid and eyebrow however left it’s far more affected by the rash. The symptoms occurred around a month ago but not drastic as now.
The left eyelid it’s swollen, dry and red. Its itches. The left it’s itching as well but its not swollen and its not that red just a little bit. I have been diagnosed with Atopic Dermatologist and been given creams on steroids as the cream ELIDEL, Hypo Tears Gel to moisturize the area and the tablets TELFAST. They have helped to release itchiness and swelling however didn’t cure completely the redness on left eyelid.
Two days ago, my left eyelid has swollen and become very red and itchy. As per doctor advice I have used my cream at night by the next day, symptoms were still there.
Went back to the doctor for the advice but got nothing as an answer.
Please Doctor could you tell me what is that, maybe what not to do or which kind of test I should take??
One more thing, I have taken a fungus test and came back negative.

Thank you and Best Regards,

Pawlusim
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:25 am

User avatar Hello,Most cases of dermatitis on or around the eyelids are carried allergies from the fingers.For example nail polish.Nickel induced like eyelash curlers,mascara,eye medications are the local factors.AirBorneContactDermatitis ABCD is caused by pollens in the air or by touching pollen in the flowers, and quite common in atopic individuals.Low potency steroid cremes external applications and antihistaminics are the mainstay in treatment.You may be advised a patch test to identify the allergen.Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here