Question: how to remove excess body hair????????????????

tbell11307 - Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:05 am

im 18 years old, i have had hair on my chest stomach and back since i was about 15..up until now i didnt care to much. its gotten pretty bad. i hate to go swimming i hate working outside in the sun because to take my shirt off is like trien to ride a bike for the first time its damn right embarrasing. i could shave my chest but it would grow back thicker. and i cant reach my back if i tried. and who in the right mind would shave my back for me twice a week. i want to get rid of my back and chest hair for good. i wana be able to go swimming with out the stares and laughter...please help..
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:27 am

User avatar Hello,Hair removal by lasers are comparitively more effective but expensive.There are more goods and less bads when done by professionals.Light skinned with black hairs respond the best.There is some pain associated and some times there is regrowth though lighter.You can always get a patch test and later proceed with the procedure.During treatment make sure you wear proper goggles.Grey or blonds respond less to laser treatment.If you are thinking of electrolysis,a time tested procedure do consult a good electrologist.Needle electrolysis is a permanet form of hair removal by which heat energy destroys the follicle.This may need several sittings.Do make sure you go to the right professional.Your dermatologist would be able to discuss in detail.Best wishes.

|