News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Hae, hederitary angioedema

jUnNii0R - Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:29 am

Question:
I have HAE and im under treatment,though Danazol is not working for me i get stressed out and still have the swolling and all the symptoms becuase i stress out really easy i been reading and trying to know more HAE treatments so i came up with the question
yes i am a marijuana user and what i had noticed is that when i didnt lived home for 1 yr. i never took the Danazol all i did was smoke some medical marijuana i got from a friend during the weekends and use to stress out as much and never got the symptoms during that year. As a came back home i wne to the doctor to go get my prescription of Danazol as usual routine i started taking again and stopped smoking "MM" so couple of weeks later i got stressed out and started with them symptoms again then i used "mm" and the swolling went down as same as my stress level the next day the swolling from my hand and arm went down pretty quick.so what im trying to ask is.can medical marijuana help my case with no abuse of its use when ever needed or to prevent the symptoms? if so or if not is it possible i can talk to my doctor about this and if so is medical marijuana legal in the state of minnesota for treatment to patients with bad illness?
Thanks-junior
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:35 am

User avatar Hello,Recent research has shown that our body contains endocannabinoids which are like marijuana like substances produced by the body naturally.Research is on to discover synthetic tetrahydrocannibol active ingredients which are now showing some promising results in allergy treatment.But remember these works are in their infancy and does not naturally mean that marijuana is effective bearing in mind lot of problems associated with usage including the addiction potential.So best is to await for newer therapies.Also I could not find any reference of marijuana in hereditary angioodemas.Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here