News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Diferent Skin Color on Facial Lips

gst_tavo - Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:57 pm

Im Having a problem...since 4 years the border of facial lips have been darker than the rest of the lips. this is annoying what can i do to solve this???...pls help
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:14 pm

User avatar Hello,The commonest cause for pigmentation of this area is excessive sun exposure.This is of two types.Photo toxicity and photo allergy.Our body melanin responds to sun rays by more pigment.So avoid excess sunlight,use sunscreens or sunblocks like microfined zinc oxide.Internal photoprotection would be to take Bcarotene rich foods like coloured fruits.Rarer causes like Addisons,peutz-jeghers are mentioned here may not apply to you since you are otherwise normal.Best wishes.
 gst_tavo - Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:29 pm

thanks very much!!. i wanted to ask if another dermatological threatment, more effective that i could propose to a dermatologist?, or any other homemade threatment that i could try?, i have been using the sunblock and still the problem is present. thanks for your help

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here