Question: Black Mole on the glans of my penis

monty6666 - Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:57 am

Hello Doctor,

I have a black mole on the glans of my penis. Its size is about 0.5cm. Its been there for a long time now. Neither the shape nor the size has changed. The mole is absolutely flat and trouble free. I want to get rid of this mole.

Very recently i visited the website www.nonevus.com which claims to remove such moles without chemicals or surgery. Can i use this cream to get rid of my mole? Is it safe? If not then what are the best means of getting rid such moles.

Please advice.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:07 am

User avatar Hello,While it is not possible to comment on individual products with relationship to your problem a few thoughts.Nevi of the genital area are mostly of the junctional type and grow from the top to the deeper dermis which is known as junctional activity.Partial removal especially by shaving may result in a traumatically activated nevus and the resultant activation may resemble a melanoma also known as pseudo melanoma leading to diagnostic problems.So before touching the mole be aware of possible problems, which of course may not be applicable to any mentioned product since this basically deals with shaving or excision.Best wishes.

|