News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Lump on inner thigh

Conscience - Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:25 pm

Hello,
I have a bump on my inner thigh, well two actually. One is quite large, and feels like there is puss inside of it. it also looks to have a slit on top. i also have another bump next to it, which just looks like a overgrown infected hair. Along with it, i have red lines on my thighs that almost look like stretch marks of some kind. What do you think it could be? I've read about something to do with sweating but am unsure. ive listed a picture below. also, a little off topic but i've also been experiencing a foul odour from my rectum from time to time?

picture of bumps, sorry it's a little blurry my phones flash is a tad strong.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/ ... 140240.jpg

thanks!
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:51 pm

User avatar Hello,The picture is suggestive of molluscum contagiosum,a viral condition which is not a serious problem.Actually it is not pus but a cheesy material and the papules are dome shaped with a central umbilication.These are known to disappear spontaneously.Cryo therapy with liquid nirtogen or getting it removed are options.Do consult your doctor for the treatment.Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here