News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: tiny red itchy bumps on inner and back of thighs

ren0226 - Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:44 am

they are tiny bumps that are incredibly itchy. I had scabies for a long time and no longer have them, but the itchiness on the thighs remains. I don't itch anywhere else so i don't believe that its scabies anymore. It is very annoying and i don't have insurance so i cant get it checked out right now. please help!!
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:30 pm

User avatar Hello,Even long after the scabies mites have been killed the body reacts to the dead mites by a delayed hypersensitivity mechanism.There may be areas of itching and could cause disturbed sleep.Recurrence is unlikely if all family members have been treated.There areas have to be treated by external application of moderately potent steroid,and antihistaminics at bedtime should resolve the issue.Do consult in any case.Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here