Question: "adrenaline rash", loss of appetite, mood swings

sabie86 - Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:13 pm

For as long as I can remember, I have gotten sporadic bright red flushes on my chest, neck, and ears with anything that causes adrenaline...embarrasement, excitement, or every now and then when my heart just starts beating quickly for no reason. It stays for a long time, and is very hard to get rid of. Sometimes it will last for the rest of the night, with scarlet stains in irregular patches on my neck and chest.

Lately I've noticed that I'll have a few days with incredible amounts of energy where I'm focused, energetic, hyper, and successful in losing weight on my diet. Then I'll start sleeping more, lose energy, and be as much as 4 pounds heavier overnight. My appetite is next to nothing at the moment and I'm back to being very quiet and low-energy.

Probably not related, but for several years I've had about four brown patches on my inner thigh that haven't grown since. Thank you for your time.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:50 pm

User avatar Hello,From your history I understand that you have no hypertension.This if you had and the other features like adrenaline rush would have prompted me to ask for investigation to rule out pheochromocytomas which release these hormones in excess.Fortunately most of these are benign and can be diagnosed with urine test for metabolites of adrenaline and nor adrenaline like VMA.Do get investigated to rule out this very rare condition.Anxiety state is commoner and could cause most of these symptoms.Best wishes.

|