News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: belly flap causing redness and bleeding

samiami3 - Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:52 am

I have recently lost 30 pounds and my lower belly skin has dropped down over my pubic area. The crease happens to be where I have scars from previous surgeries. I am always sweaty there and have started to bleed on the scar line. I had been using powder to keep tHe area dryer but that is messy. Is there anything else I can do?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:45 am

User avatar Hello,
If you are doing abdominal exercises and some aerobic like walking, and still have the problem you may be a candidate for abdominoplasty (surgery). Sometimes that is the only long-term solution. If you are still losing weight, you would want to wait until you achieve your goal.

Keeping the area as dry as possible is important and if there is some way to lift the hanging skin, perhaps with a binder or support garment, this might help too. Have you tried Gold Bond powder? One variety is Ultimate Comfort Body Powder with Aloe (Gold Bond brand). There is also a therapeutic cream called Calmoseptine which helps heal skin. Of course it is not as messy as powder but you might like it.

Good luck with this very annoying problem.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here