"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Question: belly flap causing redness and bleeding

samiami3 - Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:52 am

I have recently lost 30 pounds and my lower belly skin has dropped down over my pubic area. The crease happens to be where I have scars from previous surgeries. I am always sweaty there and have started to bleed on the scar line. I had been using powder to keep tHe area dryer but that is messy. Is there anything else I can do?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:45 am

If you are doing abdominal exercises and some aerobic like walking, and still have the problem you may be a candidate for abdominoplasty (surgery). Sometimes that is the only long-term solution. If you are still losing weight, you would want to wait until you achieve your goal.

Keeping the area as dry as possible is important and if there is some way to lift the hanging skin, perhaps with a binder or support garment, this might help too. Have you tried Gold Bond powder? One variety is Ultimate Comfort Body Powder with Aloe (Gold Bond brand). There is also a therapeutic cream called Calmoseptine which helps heal skin. Of course it is not as messy as powder but you might like it.

Good luck with this very annoying problem.