News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: horrible itchy painful poison ivy rash on palms and fingers

hugoskid - Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:53 pm

Hello,
I have this HORRIBLE itchy rash all over my fingers and palms. It looks alot like poison ivy without the ooze. I have had this for the past 4 days and it has just been getting worse. I have been to 2 doctors. One diagnosed Contact Dermatitis but it is spreading and that doesn't happen with C.D. The other diagnosis was Erythema Multiform but the bumps don't look like targets. They look like different shaped blisters but there is no ooze. The blisters are hard. To me it looks just like poison ivy!
What can I do. If it isn't itching it is tingling like being stuck with a bunch of needles. I don't want to take medicine for something that I don't have but I want this gone!
I hope that you can help me.
If you need pictures I will be more then happy to send some over. Anything for a correct diagnosis.
thanks,
Hugoskid
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:12 pm

User avatar Hello,Your descriptions well fit in with cherio pompholyx a condition with severely itching blistery rash of palms.Nickel is supposed to be a common inducing agent.Stress can precipitate pompholyx.External application of sreroids and antihistamines like zyrtec taken internally at bedtime should be fine.Severe types may need antibiotic and internal steroid.Do discuss with your phsician for a patch test.Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here