News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: rash on chest and stomach

kaelbell - Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:23 pm

As you can read from my medical history there is quite a bit of little things. I have alot of different diagnosis'. Always hoping for that one shiny pill that will solve everything but never finding it. About 8 months ago I started developing a rash on my chest. Its a pinkish red about the size of pencil erasers, with a pale center. They itch occasionaly but not too bad. They are not circular in shape actually lots of different shapes. I have noticed in the last month that it is spreading slowly down to my abdomen. Have tried everything to help this from creams and ointments to antifungus meds. Nothing helps. Its not a big deal really unless it keeps spreading, however I cant help but wonder if all my problems could some how be related.. please help
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:55 am

User avatar Hello,The description fit in with tinea versicolor in which the rashes resemble bran and may be of various hues ranging from brown,pink,or paler than surrounding skin .They are non itchy and are mostly seen over the trunk area.Selenium sulphide application,and antifungal external medications form the first line.The earlier one though effective some times can irritate the skin and best prescribed.Sun exposure helps in getting back the pigments.Severe resistant infections need systemic antifungals which in your case are not warranted.Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here