News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: A Hair Growing on The Sole of my Foot

mommyofsix - Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:54 am

I know this sounds crazy, but I have this one lone hair that keeps growing in on my foot. Normally I wouldn't care, but this hair causes me extreme pain around the area to the point that I take cuticle clippers and cut all of the skin from around it until I get it out. Once the hair is out, the pain goes away. I'm really not sure if this is a dermatology issue or not and am a little embarrased to go to the doctor about it, but its really becoming a bother to me. Please help.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:59 am

User avatar Hello,Unusual but can happen.Dermoid cysts could occur anywhere and are considered remnants of embryonic tissue.These are benign.This could grow hair,nail or other tissue.The foot skin being thick may not show up the deeper dermoid.Do consult and if it is a dermoid get it excised.Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here