Question: Having Lice

ltoeyl - Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:06 pm

I have public lice all over my body and my head. I try to use the OTC product, but it doesn't work. Now, I wipe it off with a paper towel with lotion on it everytime I finish taking a shower. They are very small and seem to hide under my body hair (maybe not fully grown yet). I have it for more than a month. I already went to the primary care and that didn't seem to be helpful.

I would like to have some adivce about what I should do. Thanks
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:08 am

User avatar Hello,Body lice live in the clothing seams and may not be visible on the body.Careful examination of the clothing would give a diagnosis.All family members need to be treated for the infestation.Pediculosis pubis does infest the skin and can co exist with STDs.Laundering of bed clothing and clothes is essential and hot iron with special attention to seams is a must.Permethin is quite effective as two applications.If there is no improvement ivermectin tablets are given as a prescription and is very effective.Best wishes.

|