News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Wart freezing home kit

UglyFinger - Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:31 pm

Purchased a Dr Scholls wart freezing kit as advised by my pharmacist. He said my wart would probably only take one treatment as it was very small and on the side of my index finger. I read all directions and everything happened as described, only it has taken much longer. A blister formed a week after freezing. After 2 weeks the blister color changed to a darker yellow and the blister seemed to harden. It has now been 3 weeks and I still have this lovely blister on my finger. A scab seems to be forming under the blister where the wart was. I never plastered it as I wanted it dry thinking it would heal faster.

Can I rip it off now or should I continue to wait? In doing so would I risk spreading it? What am I waiting for... Is the blister ever going to burst on its own or dry up and scab?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:05 am

User avatar Hello,Signs of infection would include increase in pain,increase in size of the blister,pus formation and fever.Since you do not have these symptoms it may well be to the increase in time exposure during application that you have this lingering blister.You may need to wait for a few more days for the scab to form further.If the problem still persists do consult your doctor.Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here