Question: Wart freezing home kit

UglyFinger - Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:31 pm

Purchased a Dr Scholls wart freezing kit as advised by my pharmacist. He said my wart would probably only take one treatment as it was very small and on the side of my index finger. I read all directions and everything happened as described, only it has taken much longer. A blister formed a week after freezing. After 2 weeks the blister color changed to a darker yellow and the blister seemed to harden. It has now been 3 weeks and I still have this lovely blister on my finger. A scab seems to be forming under the blister where the wart was. I never plastered it as I wanted it dry thinking it would heal faster.

Can I rip it off now or should I continue to wait? In doing so would I risk spreading it? What am I waiting for... Is the blister ever going to burst on its own or dry up and scab?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:05 am

User avatar Hello,Signs of infection would include increase in pain,increase in size of the blister,pus formation and fever.Since you do not have these symptoms it may well be to the increase in time exposure during application that you have this lingering blister.You may need to wait for a few more days for the scab to form further.If the problem still persists do consult your doctor.Best wishes.

|