News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Hand is peeling with and have pimple like protusions

earland7 - Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:49 pm

I work construction and about 7 years ago I was working on the Hovver Dam bypass project where we used water from lake mead for dust control, and at that time there was a problem with human feces in the lake. After a while my right hand started to get pimple like bumps on it, when I opened them they leaked clear fluid. And then my hand started to peel. I've been through one layer and now I'm starting on another. The problem gets worse when I'm in warm weather, during the colder months the problem goes away. Docters seem to think it's a fungus of some sort and give me creams that don't work. I was wondering if you could give me some advice.

Thank you for the help.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:45 am

User avatar Hello,What you have is possibly is known as pompholyx which shows up on palms like deep seated bisters which ultimately open up or heal leaving behind scaling.Cause is not known but allergy to nickel,chromium,dyes and perfumes are all implicated.Some have associated excessive sweating.Fungi elsewhere like jock itch also can cause pompholyx of palms.Resolves with application of calamine lotion.Some people may need antihistaminics.Do get tested and treated.Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here