Question: Cancerous mole under armpit

red12234 - Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:18 pm

I have a mole under my armpit i picked it a long time ago and it seems to have gotten a little bigger it is still small however it is pertruding out the skin more,, seems to be not very painful to touch , do u think it could be cancerous?? should i have it checked?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:31 am

User avatar Hello,While it is not unusual for moles to get picked and infected and every mole is not a melanoma just because it is inflamed.However there is good reason to visit a dermatologist who would examine you with a dermascope,a totally painless procedure and would assure you that it is nothing to worry.Any mole which has grown in size,itches,bleeds,changes colors need scrutiny.These changes may need a biopsy for diagnosis.I am just mentioning this and may not apply to you.But do visit the derm.Best wishes.

|