Question: acne and oily skin

ralley - Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:15 am

I've been using Stieva-A 0.05% for 2 years now and I've always had very oily skin. I had it even before using Stieva. I've tried most of the products on the market but I can't find a solution to this problem.
Could you please help?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:41 pm

There are many treatments for acne and oily skin in addition to this drug. You may have a hormonal imbalance and some women get relief with oral contraceptives that level out the hormones. Using salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide topically may also help. If these are too drying, try using them sparingly only every other day and perhaps adding a non-oily moisturizer to the regimen. Low dose antibiotics can also help by reducing the bacteria on the skin that aggravates the pores and causes the pimples.

In severe and persistent acne, especially the cystic variety, isotretinoin (accutane) is very effective but you MUST NOT become pregnant while taking this drug as it is known to cause birth defects. It is advised you use two reliable forms of birth control while on the drug and for one month before and after using it. Talk to a dermatologist to find the right combination of treatment for you. These days most all acne can be treated successfully.

ralley - Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:47 am

Thank you so much for your precious help!! :)
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:56 am

User avatar You are welcome. Good luck.
 giggles1323 - Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:15 pm

Hi my name is Regina.
I am 18 yrs old. My problem is that i have alot
acne on both cheeks, and on the sides of my chin.
I have tried everything out there that is good for
acne, but nothing seems to work. My acne is red,
and it has the the little white things, and they sometimes hurt alot.
And when it seems to go away, it comes back again in the same spot. Idk, what to do?? I've never had this problem,my face was clear until a couple months ago. What can i do?? I would appreciate your help. Thank You.
-Regina
 vashilsharma - Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:04 pm

hay doc,
MY name is Vashil, I am 19 year old boy In my life the big problem is come I have acne problem on my face, on my Cheek, chin, forehead, on my back,neck also …
Because of Acne no body likes me my frds ,relatives.i don't go anywhere because of acne. my mama is very possessive about my face but nothing is work I don’t know what I do can you plse help me. I’ve tried everything and nothing works I go the hospital and taking a medicine but No works. Plse help me Plse

now I using a products salicylid Acid foaming face wash (Contains :- IP...1% w/v) and Curatio (ACNE MOIST) tm (Contains :- JoJOba...3% w/v, PEntavitin...1% w/v,
octyl methoxy cinnmate...5% w/v, MBBT...4% w/v,cream base...q.s all using twice a day.

Plse tell me what Face wash/moisturizer i use and how to permanently clean Acne(pimple)?

|