Question: Bleeding under skin after intense eczema

mattjones17 - Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:47 pm

Hi
For the lsat 3 or 4 days I have had an intense itching in my groin area. I think it is an allergic reaction with a washpowder or something.
Today I noticed that in the two areas I was itching, there were two lines of a rash that appears to be bleeding under the skin where I would have been itching - It doesn't fade when its pressed. We are all taught that this can be a seirous sign but in this case I really don't think it is - I have had no other symptoms and I was itching intensely in this area. Can you please confirm that this is normal?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:31 am

User avatar Hello,While you are right that rashes that do not blanch can be a sign in menigococcal meningitis especially in small children yours is most likely is of traumatic in nature due to intense itching.Application of vaseline or soothening agents like calamine should be sufficient.Persistent bleeding needs investigations like complete blood count.Best wishes.

|