Question: What is the best treatment for hiding vitiligo?

miranda99111 - Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Hi, I'm a 15 year old female, and I have vitiligo. When I was 9 or so, my mother to her horror pointed it out that there was a small patch on my neck. She didn't talk to me about it. So, i was never concerned. Over the last few months, I noticed that there was also a small patch of vitigo on my index finger and another patch of vitiligo on my ear, which is spreading and turning whiter. It's very hard to deal with this disease. It causes me so much emotional stress. It's ruining my life and it bothers me and interferes with my life so often, I have suicidal thoughts all the time. I know there is no cure. I will see a doctor soon, I just never have the time, but I will go. What is the best treatment for me to hide vitiligo??
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:01 am

User avatar Hello,If I have understood you right you are asking about cosmetic camoflage a method of hiding vitiligo spots.The treatment of vitilogo has now better modalities than ever before and surely your dermatologist can guide you.To hide as of now you have makeup systems available which can give satisfactory results.concealing,color correcting and countouring are the basics here.You can consult the cosmetic toiletry and fragrance association CTFA or your dermatologist to suit your skin type.This can dramatically improve your self esteem.Best wishes.

|