News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: French green clay ideal for a face mask for oily/acne prone?

shizaa - Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:45 pm

Hi I have oily areas mostly on my nose and forehead and am prone to acne breakouts, although they are nowhere as severe as they used to be when I was younger. After doing some reading about clay masks I have decided that I would like to try them but am not sure what kind of clay would be suitable for my skin. I am looking in particular at French Green clay. Would you recommend it for my skin type? If not, what kind of clay would be more suitable?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:40 am

User avatar Hello,This clay belongs to a group called illite clays.French green clay results as an interaction between clay and iron oxide of decomposed plant matter or algae seen in southern france.Most of these make you feel good and there is some degree of epidermal cleansing and it is mildly keratolytic.It is possible that dry skin types may feel little bit of irritation and ideally used once in a fortnight.Also it would be prudent to get a test application just to be sure.Soaps are safer since the contact time is less.Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here