News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Small lumps just under the skin

dollyrose4 - Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:43 pm

Hi, I was unsure where to post but here goes!

My partner has two lumps one on the left side of his body just under the ribs and one on his hip. I was worried about them when I first noticed so asked him to go to the dr who adv they are just 'grissle' think thats in my partners words not the dr!

Anyway, now they are noticable not very big still but visable when you look closely they feel very round like a tiny ball about the size of a 10p. Hard.

Wondered if you could advise?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:59 am

User avatar Hello,The common conditions causing such lumps may be just fibromas and would not pose any risk.Neurofibromas could present like these and may be of genetic basis.The other important condition to rule out would be cysticercosis caused by tapeworms.A stool examination is warranted to rule out this out and treatment given if so.Since he does not have other redflag symptoms, for mention secondary deposits of other tumours is made here for completion sake.While this may be nothing more do get him examined and a biopsy may be considered if a diagnosis can not be made.Best wishes.
 dbressler8 - Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:26 am

Hi! Since my husbands reunion and dancing on my right rib area on my back i feel pulling but no pain. it almost feels like something is stuck under my rib. should i be concerned? tomorrow is 2 weeks. i cant feel any lumps! thanks Darleen!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here