Question: fingertip petechia and 1cm white sploches at nail bases

Charlsea_ann - Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:02 pm

I was just wondering it this can be a side effect of ibuprofen. I have used Ibuprofen plenty before and I don't think so. Also, I was running fever and sore throat for 2 days before all the finger issues suddenly showed up, could that have contributed to it? The only other thing is that some old injuries' scars became painfull that day too, all of this lasted for about 2 days, except the nail spots, they will have to grow out of course. I think i am mainly wondering about some sort of Strep-A antigen reaction(rheumatic fever type thing). Any thoughts?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:30 am

User avatar Hello,The most important condition to rule out in patients with fever and nail rash would be subacte bactetial endocarditis which originates from a damaged heart valve.This may not apply to you.However if the condition persists a complete CBC and tests to rule out a connective tissue disorder may be in order.In your case it may just be a reaction related to minor trauma to the nails.Drug allergies could cause a rash and should be borne in mind.Best wishes.

|