News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Itchy, Flaky, Shiny gray skin around genital area

lost1 - Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:00 pm

I have a problem. I'm 18, abstinent, 5 foot 9, and 215lbs. I have itchy, flaky, shiny gray skin around my vagina (more like in the crevice in between the vagina and the thigh i hope that makes sense). It itches the worst when I sweat but it may randomly itch @ other times. I have lived with this for a while I'm not sure when it started but its irritating and embarrassing and I need it to stop. Any kind of help would be appreciated. Thanks.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 am

User avatar Hello,The commonest condition affecting this area is fungal infection, otherwise known as tinea cruris.Tight dresses,excess moisture,obesity are triggerring factors.This would respond to external application of clotrimazole or miconazole.The other condition that may look similar is seborrheic dermatitis,which is a kind of a dandruff affecting these areas.This is treated with ketoconazole cremes.Thereis nothing to worry,but do consult a doctor.Best wishes.
 lost1 - Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:25 pm

Thank you so much Doctor, your help is greatly appreciated.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here