News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: How do I get Rid of Bumpy, Blotchy Skin on Face!?

misstiz - Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:31 pm

HI,
I was wondering if someone can help me.

I have bumpy skin and an uneven complexion with blotches from previous acne issues.

Please help, I always wear makeup to have an even skin tone.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:47 am

User avatar Hello,From your description you have a mild post acne problem which could be related to earlier treatment with local applications, which though cure the problem are sometimes harsh on the skin.
Also post acne scars and pigmentation are other issues,apart from photo damage which is quite common.
Being a minor problem you may not need chemical peels.A sunscreen lotion in the morning,a moisturizer at bedtime may be all that you may need.A course of Bcarotene capsules,or as fruit suppliment also may be of great help.
Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here