News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Burning, itchy rash between legs and on scotum

eburnett - Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:44 pm

Hi,
doctor I am desperate for help I have a skin rash between my legs and on my scrotum for 8 months now. It spreads easily to inner thigh up to scrotum. It itches burns,and is extremely red and painful when walking with friction. I have seen 2 dermatologist have had biopsy of infection sites comes back normal. I have had cbc blood pannel with chem 10 all has come back normal.

during this time I also had large pustural sites which came back as MRSA. i was placed on doxycline for 30 days with gentamicin cream that cleared up however the rash between legs and scrotum have not. I have also taken dyflican with no change. all cultures and biopsy say no yeast or bacterial or fungus. rash has little red dots every where in clusters and looks like it burns layer of skin off.
thank you for your time and consideration to my question.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:19 am

User avatar Hello,Many a times seborrheic dermatitis which is caused by M.Furfur,a kind of an yeast is mistaken for fungus.Here scrapings would show negative and biopsy may not show any helpful finding.Thr diagnosis is more clinical.This would respond to ketoconazole cremes and in severe types to hydrocortisone application.It is best to get reviewed and treated because even mild steroidsto groin can cause some atrophy of skin.Seborrheic dermatitis is well treatable but sometimes could recur.
Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here