Question: Red, Burning spot under right eye

MES1993 - Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:18 pm

Hi! For about 2 months, I have had a spot under my right eye (I've been calling it a 'hot spot', though I'm sure that's not proper term) for about 2 months. It burns whenever anything (be it warm water, tears, lotion, skin treatment, whatever) is put on it. I do have a cat that I got in August, and I think I may be allergic to her. I plan on talking to my doctor about allergy shots. Could this spot be a reaction to my cat?

Thank you very much!!
 Faye Lang, RN, MSW - Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:57 pm

Hello MES1993,

It would be unusual, though not impossible, for a single spot to be a general allergic reaction to your cat. Did the cat scratch you under your eye? Any irration that lasts as long as yours needs to be evaluated by your physician. There are many things that it could be, but it's difficult to suggest what it is without actually looking at it: how large is it, has it increased in size, is the redness constant, etc. It would be wise to see your physician promptly, if for no other reason than to get rid of the burning. I hope this is helpful to you.

Good luck!
Faye, RN, MSW

|