News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: red facial skin along with painful bumps inside the skin

Mrs.khaleeq - Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:00 am

i need ur attention.i am having red facial skin along with painful bumps inside the skin from the last 3 months.i have also examined that this infected area have got blood vessels of the skin visible.my skin hurts alot when it is reddish along with the bumps.sometimes it get fine but again get worse after some days.i cannot bear heat like that in the kitchen or in sunlight.i always try to put the things that give cool effect to the skin because it feels good by doing so.what medication should i use?or what cure should be done?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:16 am

User avatar Hello,While it is likely that you have a photosensitivity it also could mean that rosacea has to be ruled out especially since you complain of painful acne like lesions and visible blood vessels(Telangectasias).While the burning after sun exposure could well mean photosensitivity,people with rosaea too become sensitive to sunlight.
A mite called demodex infests the skin could be behind the symptoms.Some believe that a bacterium in the stomach Helicobacter pylori could contribute to this condition.
Sunscreen lotions would help and if it is demodex metronidazole gel,or tablets internally are useful.
You should get evaluated and I am sure you shoud do well.
Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here