News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Face is dry and sensitive.

nidcon06 - Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:15 pm

I noticed this past year may be 2 years, that my face feels dry. When I use any type of products (mosituriser,acne creams, etc) on my face it turms my face red. My cheeks always look red/rashish without make up. it isn't a severe red/rash because I can usually cover it up with make up but my face doesn't look nice without makeup.The only time I have any type of moisture is around my nose when I make up in the morning. I don't have use cleansers or anything like that. I break out alot on my chin but my cheeks manage to stay dry even after using the moisturizer and make up. So I don't know what I should be doing and what I shouldn't be doing. Should I just go see a dermatologist? My skin has been like this all year round. Should I be doing a daily face wash routine?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:00 am

User avatar Hello,Redness of face could be due to several conditions.The commonest would be photosensitivity.But then you seem to have it allround the year.This is still a condition to be ruled out.Sunscreens would help here.
Early Rosacea could mimic this and is a condition of unknown aetiology presenting with redness in the blush areas of the face and acne like rashes.This may also be related to a parasite called demodex.
Rarer causes would be auto immune disorders like lupus but are generally associated with other symptoms like joint pains etc.
Do visit a dermatologist and in most likelihood may be a photosensitivity reaction.
Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here