Question: Black Blister in Groin Area

sooimlee - Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:20 pm

About a week, maybe 2 weeks ago, I noticed a reddish looking blister in my groin area -- more specifically, in the crease towards the top of my right thigh. It wasn't painful or large. I did try to apply pressure to see if any fluid would come out, but nothing would and I figured it would go away on it's own and I promptly forgot about it.

Today I decided to check the area again, and it's still there, only now it's black and it looks like there is pus in there too. Again, I tried to apply pressure, but nothing except a tiny bead of blood came out. It still doesn't hurt, but because under the surface of the skin is black and looks like there's pus, I'm concerned.

What do I do for this? Is this something I should try to pop myself (and if so, how), or should I call my doctor on Monday? I am fearful of an infection in my leg from this, since it's been there for a quite a while now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:23 am

User avatar Hello,You seem to be having a bacterial infection of skin by name impetigo.This is very superficial but it can extend down a hair follicle and then called folliculitis.The organisms enter the abraded skin by a minor unnoticed injury,may be by scratching.
External application of antibiotic should be fine.Do not try to pop up the area.Do consult your doctor if this persists.

|