News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: blisters below my lower lip

isis - Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:09 pm

2 nights ago a blister formed and burst below my lower lip before I realized it was even there! There have been 3 more blister that have formed inside the initial blister area (much smaller) since then. About 13 yrs ago I had an outbreak of facial blisters covering the entire lower half of my face. The dermatologist I saw was unsure as to the initial cause but it had progressed to a bacterial infection by the time I saw him. There have been no blisters or facial outbreaks since and I don't get cold sores.
I am currently washing the area 3x a day with warm soapy water along with triple antibacterial ointment. There is no burning and only mild itching intermittently. I have had no sexual contact (including kissing) for almost a year, so newly contracted herpes seems far fetched. Any ideas?
Thanks!!
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:10 am

User avatar Hello,Herpes infections can remain dormant for long and can come out from the nerve to the skin when there is a break down of resistance.Most of these are aquired in childhood and are quite common in the community.
Impetigo can be a look alike and caused by bacteria lile steptococci.These can be contagious and mostly affect children.External application of antibiotic for a few days should be fine.
Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here