Question: Raised Mole/Wart on Shaft of Penis?

uncledave - Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:34 pm

I am a 24yo white male. I have had a mole/wart on the base of penis for about 5 years now. It is greyish/brownish/skin-color, hard to tell. It is bumpy and raised, a little smaller than the back of an eraser. I am not sure if it is a wart or a mole, and if it is a mole, could it be cancerous? I have attached an image of the growth. I have anxiety over this and could use some professional insight. I am unemployed at the moment and don't have the funds to have it checked out. Thanks for any and all help!

Image
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:34 am

User avatar Hello,Since the photograph could not be viewed,in general- so long as the nevus or wart remains with out sudden growth,or get infected,bleeds or changes colour,or loses symmetry it is nothing to worry.
Plane warts are smooth,slightly elevated,grey pigmented and about 1to5mm in diameter.These are caused by a virus and this is not an STD and are found in dry surfaces of the genitalia in contrast with condylomata which is an STD and has predilection to mucus areas.
Cryotherapy is most effective so are keratolytics like salycilic paste for keratotic warts.
You should consult a physician to get treated.There should be no reason to panic.

|