Question: Moles Appearing Within a Short Time?

tenritsu - Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:20 pm

I've noticed the past week that I've had a lot of (by that I mean 2 on my face and a few random ones on my body) moles grow. They seem to appear instantaneously in places that previously was mole-free (which I can confirm from recent pictures)

They don't seem to fit the mold for any cancerous ones (based on the ABCDE criteria,) nor have any pre-existing ones grown or shown signs, but I have never had this situation where a lot of moles have appeared at such a short amount of time. Should I worry about it?

Other information about my condition: I'm 19 years old, have a semi-rough sleep schedule due to college, and I eat fairly well and exercise at least 3 times a day. There don't seem to be any other help problems.

Thanks a lot in advance!
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:54 pm

User avatar Hello,Nevi which are present at birth are known as congenital nevi,and the later appearing,known as aquired nevi.It is quite common for the nevi to appear during adolescence and more so in the sun exposed areas.More nevi than twenty may be a familial trait.
During puberty the nevi can increase or become pigmented.During old age the disappear in some.
During the growing time the neus expands laterally but maintains symmetry.
After the age of 30 new nevi,especially in the suncovered areas are looked on carefully for ABCD.
Dermatoscopy is a noninvasive useful test in evaluation of nevi.

|