Question: Burn from Nuviderm tattoo remover

scrgl12 - Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:05 pm

Hi..I tried to use Nuviderm (composed of TCA) to fade a tattoo. However, something went wrong and it burned much deeper than it was supposed to. I now have no sensation over the burned area, it is weeping a clear-ish fluid, and has some sort of white substance in the wound area. I have kept it covered with a band-aid with Bacitracin on it but it does not seem to be getting better. I am unable to see a dr in person until next weekend. Is there anything I can do to help prevent infection or further damage until then?? Thanks!
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:37 am

User avatar Hello,The description is of a chemical burn which has gone to the deeper layers of the skin ie the dermis which is richly supplied by nerves and blood vessels.Since you complain of loss of sensation there seems to be destruction of nerve fibers.
So there is likely to be some difficulty for the wound to heal.As of now antibibiotic creme is ok but you need to get evaluated to see whether you would need an internal antibiotic.Deeeper extensive damage may need intervention to promote wound healing like grafting.
With best wishes.

|