Question: Dark pigmented spot on the glans

mike_p - Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:49 am

I am 28 and for years now (more then ten probably around 15) I have a dark spot on the glans just near to the urethral opening. It is 2,5 mm in diameter.

Image
Image
Image
Image

For all those years if size increased any it is less then 0,5mm. There are no any other symptoms no itching, pain or exudation. I was at the dermatologist several years ago because of redness on the glans (it was diagnosed as balanitis and I had Proteus mirabilis in urine) and got treatment for that and it seemed doctor didn't notice this pigmentation at all or he didn't give any importance to that.
I am medical student and have many things on my mind what it could be so I really appreciate your help. I do plan to go to check it with dermatologist cause if there is need to remove it sooner is better.

Kind regards!

M
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:40 am

User avatar Hello,The description given by you is of penile lentigo which are small,benign pigmented lesions which occur on the glans,corona,sulcus,or the shaft of penis.The color would be from tan to dark brown with irregular borders.They are flush with the skin or mucosa.
Do get your self examined to make sure of the diagnosis.
Cryotherapy is useful as a treatment if you indeed want to get it removed.Skin lightening cremes are also used by the dermatologist.

|