News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Facial hair problem

cont - Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:06 am

Hi I am having problems in my facial hair underneath my lips and the goatee area it is not growing properly and the hair is very rare at this area but normal in the beared and the moustache so I was wondering if any medicine or could be special food could help to grow more hair at that area. thank you
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:10 am

User avatar Hello,There is lot of variation of hair growth in different races and individuals.Also the variation extends to various ares even in the individual.For example growth of hairs on the pinna of the ears is obvious in the singalese,and bengalis of india.Mongoloid races show less body hair.
The inheritence pattern of these variations are poorly understood while the patterns are recognized.
It is unlikely that one could speed up growth in these specific areas.
Best wishes.
 cont - Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:29 pm

Well so there is no specific medicine or creams can be taken to help this type of situation because in other parts of the body it is normal growing just specifically this areas. Thank you
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:27 pm

User avatar Hello,It is nice to see that you have understood the problem and the solution staight.One can nor rule out a better growth in time but then it is spontaneous.
Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here