News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Wart like thing on my head since childhood

maddad - Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:42 pm

Hi
There is a small spot on my head where there were no hair since birth,sometime earky in childhood i guess there was wart like growth there.
I have showed some docs in india and they say that only way u can remove it by burning it.
Als it will not harm you in anyway as it is like a dormant thing and will remain there lifelong....
But it sometimes itchis ...also i am afraid will it grow?
some doc said it might comeback 4 times bigger if we bun it.....

Also if you look closely it looks scary.... look at this image....Image
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:28 am

User avatar Hello,This warty growth from childhood is likely to be Nevus sebaceous.This occurs in early childhood,a solitary lesion with hairloss.During adolescence may become verrucous ie warty.A biopsy is needed to establish diagnosis.
If so diagnosed,these are benign and generally do not pose problems.However In a few it could turn malignant as age advances.Thus it is advocated to get it removed surgically with a full thickness excision.
A syndrome is also mentioned here for completion sake and is associated with epilepsy and known as epidermal nevus syndrome.
Photodynamic therapy with application of amino levelunic acid is a nonsurgical option.
Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here