Question: some type of scab under penis skin

neel418 - Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:16 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

Three weeks back, i had a small pimple on my penis. I could feel it under my skin and it hadn't come to the surface yet. I squashed it a bit, forgot about it, than an actual pimple appeared. I popped it, a little pus and blood came out and that was it.

Currently, there appears to be a scab like structure right under the skin where i popped the pimple. Just like normal scabs people develop after an injury, for some weird reason its been there for around 10 days now.

I need to add that i don't heal as quickly as normal individuals, i apparently lack fibrin in my blood which makes my recovery time rather slowish and whenever am hurt when i heal back, there s like an external stub where the injury was.

Back to my situation, that scab thing isnt inconveniencing me in anyway, but i feel its presence and am starting to wonder whether i should go to a dermatologist or urologist about it.I m a bit concerned since I don't really know if its dangerous or it will somehow disappear.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:24 pm

User avatar Hello,In the absence of exposure to STDs the diagnosis one would offer is that of a simple bacterial furuncle.This ofcourse has healed and the scab should dissappear soon.
With a sexual history to exposure sometimes aPrimary chancre could look similar and dissappear in a couple of weeks.This needs effective treatment for the primary disease leads to secondary syphilis.This mention has to be made here becauseeven though the wound has healed the person remains infective.Multiple wounds with a shorter incubation period just a few days after sex may be chancroids.
In primary syphilis the incubation period is about 3 weeks.

|