News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: i have bumps behind my left ear and sores on my scalp

jazly - Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:57 pm

Hello! I AM 24 YEARS OLD SINCE JANUARY 2010 I HAVE SOME BUMPS BEHIND MY LEFT EAR ANOTHER SMALL ONES ON DIFFERENT PARTS OF MY HEAD AND SORES THEY ARE REALLY PAINFUL THEY DON'T ITCH SOMETIMES I FEEL REALLY DIZZY I WENT TO THE DR. ALREADY THEY GIVE ANTIBIOTICS BUT I STILL HAVING THE BUMPS AND THE SAME SYMPTOMS I GET A BLOOD WORK DONE BUT NOTHING SHOW UP I AM REALLY WORRY ABOUT IT I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCE SOMETHING LIKE THIS FOR SO LONG. PLUS AM ANEMIC I DON'T KNOW IF THAT CAN BE THE PROBLEM.I WILL APPRECIATE IF SOMEONE CAN TELL ME OR HAVE ANY IDEA OF WHAT I CAN PROBABLY HAVE THANK YOU.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:12 pm

User avatar Hello,Hope you are recovering from the Anaemia and feeling better.The condition that could cause bumps and scales behind the ear and scalp may be Seborrheic Dermatitis or Psoriasis.These are scaly and painful if infected.
These two conditions are look alikes.The important difference is that generally psoriasis does not itch and has thick scales.Both can affect these areas and body.Seborrehic dermatitis is more like dandruff and could affect body folds.
Fungal infections can be ruled out with a simple skin test.
If there are no scales and only bumps Folliculitis is most likely.This does affect people with poor resistence.Antibiotics internally may be indicated in severe types.For mild types an antibiotic creme and soap should suffice.Associated deficiencies should be treated.Do consult your doctor.
Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here