Question: Whitehead pimple/Bump thing on penis

1234abcd - Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:25 pm

Yesterday I noticed that on the underside of my penis there is a whitehead pimple looking thing and it is quite large. Also feeling it I can feel a ball inside of it, well at least it feels like a ball. I tried popping it but only a little bit of white substance came out. It doesn't hurt only if i put pressure on it and sometimes I forget it's even there, but im really worried about what it is. I am 16 and have sex before but with only one girl so I don't know if it is a STD or not.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:46 am

User avatar Hello,MC Molluscum Contagiosum is commoner in male children and adolescents and occurs as multiple or single raised ball like papule with a central spot ie umbilication.Opening it would result in the internal substance coming out as a white mass.
This spreads by contact from clothing,towels especially in swimming pools.Of course it can spread during skin contact but it is not classified as STD.
These pearly or flesh coloured papules do not need any tests for diagnosis.
If confirmed by visual examination,
these can be left alone since the tend to disappear spontaneously.Curettage,cryotherapy,and chemical cautery are other treatments.Imiqumod creme is the recent treatment.Do get examined with out any fear and treatment would be as simple.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:31 am

As Dr.Jagesh has explained, the whitish substance that came out certainly sounds like a Molluscum Contagiosum.
One other likely candidate could be a sebaceous cyst, especially as you say that it was fairly large. Molluscum lesions generally tend to be comparatively smaller.The sebum which may be expressed,tends to have a foul smell.
 Shirotachi - Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:22 am

I have something similar to him, but mine are not large. They are small and they go up from they base of my penis about a finger nail width and there are others that go about halfway up the left and right side of my penis and they are all very hard but you cannot pop them, and some of them have hairs growing out of them and some of the hairs growing out of them can just be slipped out easily yet some of them growing out of those little hard white bumps wont let the hair be pulled out its like it is permanently stuck in my skin. The hair wont pull out no matter how hard I try the hair just ends up breaking. Those bumps also cover my testical sack. I have been able to pop one of these bumps and it was one of the bigger ones and what came out was an off white colored ball that was very very hard it could not be squished like the little balls and white stuff that come out of pimples and white heads. These bumps are not painful but I do know for a fact that they were not there before i hit puberty and they were not there after puberty either. they just showed up the year I started highschool and i never used the school showers and they appeared because i had ever become sexually active. My ex finacee did not notice them when I had sexual intercourse for the first time she noticed them when we had oral sex she said she could feel little bumps and got scared thinking i had herpes and i know these arent the type of herpes she is thinking of because she is the only person to have ever touched my penis other than my mother when i was a baby being bathed. I am kind of worried about this there is something that i kind of remember but i do not know if this caused these bumps or not but i remember on 8th grade which is the grade right before transferring to highschool i shaved my penis and testicle sack to see what it was like. Could that have caused these bumps? When me and my ex fiancee ended our relationship she went and got tested for every STD because she thought for sure I had one and she called and told me she was going to get tested and would tell me what she found out when she had finally called me back she said she would send me an email of the results and everything came back negative so i am kind of stumped on what these could be. I do not have any of these bumps on the head of my penis only on the places that i described above. I am very self concious about these and have not been able to try to get another girlfriend for the fear of her also freaking out and worrying. IS there any way i can cure these or make them go away?
 tsi - Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:27 pm

Hi there i kinda have the same problem except not as large but noticeable when not erect. I have alredy gone for a std check up an the gyno lady checked my privates an the bump that i had told her about, she had said it wasnt an std n i don't think it is either but i have done alot of research n i just don't want it to end up bein a wart seein as the way they look varies from person to person. Its kinda hard n the only time i tried popping just a little blood came out and never touched it since. I havent had intercourse since last november and it didnt appear til about february i believe, i want to go somehwere else for second opinion but cant afford it right now with school payments each month. Does not look like wart as i was worried of but you never know n it has not gone away n it moves with the skin midway on back side of penile shaft i wish i knew what it was. If u have any suggestions it wuld be greatly appreciated. it is only 1 bump bigger than the rest of the hair follicle bumps
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:15 am

Your history strongly favors a diagnosis of multiple sebaceous cysts involving the penile and scrotal skin.You mention of hairs coming out of some of them.This makes it highly probable.

Idiopathic scrotal calcinosis (ISC) is another condition that needs to be considered in the differential diagnosis.

ISC is a rare benign disease of scrotal skin, which presents with multiple, asymptomatic nodules on the scrotum. The lesions start appearing in childhood or early adulthood.The pathogenesis is uncertain. Various hypothesis have been put forward,such as,
- ? idiopathic,
- ? dystrophic(dartos muscle degeneration and calcification),
- ? related to epidermoid cysts.

Management: is for aesthetic reasons alone, as they are benign. Management is essentially surgical.

Both conditions are not related to the STDs. Please consult a surgeon so that a definitive diagnosis can be arrived at.

|