Question: Multiple small lumps/bumps on penis head and rim

bobthelol5 - Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi, I'm 14 and about 6 months ago I noticed a small lump on the rim of my penis which didn't hurt hurt unless I pushed it hard enough. I went away about 1-2 weeks later, but about 2 months later it came back, and didn't go away. I later saw that very small spots were appearing directly above the first lump. The small spots are a bit smaller than the tip of a pen. There is a small cluster around the first lump and equal in size but more spread out and a larger amount of spots above the cluster on the head of my penis. The general area of the spots have now turned a lighter color than the rest of my penis, which made me think it was Vitiligo, but the light coloring isn't as noticeable as Vitiligo (I've seen pictures). This occurred around the time I started masturbating more often, but I am not sexually active. I haven't seen a doctor about this because it's quite embarrassing so I haven't told my parents to take me. The best I can describe the spots now are a little bit scale looking and reflect light, and the light coloring is more noticeable when dry. Last, my penis tilts a bit to the left, the side with the spots. Thanks so much for your time, sorry for the long post.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:54 am

User avatar Hello,Small pin sized papules on the rim of penisare quite common.These are small miniature glands normally found.In some it can get enlarged, not as a disease but as a part of growing process.
PearlyPenilePapules as they are known do not require any intervention.They are left alone.
Now that you know what it is do show it to your doctor who would give you a confirmation.

|