News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Multiple small lumps/bumps on penis head and rim

bobthelol5 - Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi, I'm 14 and about 6 months ago I noticed a small lump on the rim of my penis which didn't hurt hurt unless I pushed it hard enough. I went away about 1-2 weeks later, but about 2 months later it came back, and didn't go away. I later saw that very small spots were appearing directly above the first lump. The small spots are a bit smaller than the tip of a pen. There is a small cluster around the first lump and equal in size but more spread out and a larger amount of spots above the cluster on the head of my penis. The general area of the spots have now turned a lighter color than the rest of my penis, which made me think it was Vitiligo, but the light coloring isn't as noticeable as Vitiligo (I've seen pictures). This occurred around the time I started masturbating more often, but I am not sexually active. I haven't seen a doctor about this because it's quite embarrassing so I haven't told my parents to take me. The best I can describe the spots now are a little bit scale looking and reflect light, and the light coloring is more noticeable when dry. Last, my penis tilts a bit to the left, the side with the spots. Thanks so much for your time, sorry for the long post.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:54 am

User avatar Hello,Small pin sized papules on the rim of penisare quite common.These are small miniature glands normally found.In some it can get enlarged, not as a disease but as a part of growing process.
PearlyPenilePapules as they are known do not require any intervention.They are left alone.
Now that you know what it is do show it to your doctor who would give you a confirmation.
Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here