News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Facial swelling

Nicole717 - Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:03 pm

Hey, today when i woke up the right side of my face was really swollow. What causes this. I haven't had in injury's. Both of my eyes are red underneth them, like when you tired or something. Thanks for any advice.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:20 am

User avatar Hi Nicole717,
Have you had any allergy problems? In my opinion it sounds as though it may be an allergic reaction to a food, substance or medication.....
Sincerely,
Rntdj
 Nicole717 - Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:51 pm

Today i woke and it was worse and now my eyes look black underneth them. I didn't taken any medication. It could be a food allergy but i don't know to what. I don't remeber eating anything different then before. Do i need to see a doctor or will this just go away? Thanks for the advice.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:12 pm

Any changes in laundry detergent, different bed linens, new animals, etc.etc.? In any case you may want to take some benadryl, and yes you should be evaluated by your physician especially since the symptoms are worsening.
Sincerely,
Rntdj
 Nicole717 - Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:27 pm

Hey i did get some new bed linens about a week ago and i didn't wash them before i slept on them. i will take some benadryl today and if that doesn't help i will call my doctor tomorrow. Thanks for the help.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:32 pm

Remove the bed linens. The benadryl should help you. I hope that's the answer. Please be sure to let me know :) Take care!
Sincerely,
Rntdj

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here