News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Plasticness in Hairs on Head

abhinav - Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:28 am

Hi,

I have the baldness problem and I used Arnica plus to cure it but it changed my hair texture significantly and I can feel more plasticness & brittleness in my hairs and these hairs donot grow much in length. Can someone help me to help how to cure it so that my hair more natural and healthy.

Thanks
Abhinav
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:46 am

User avatar Hello,Apart from Androgenic alopecia,which I have mentioned in another post the other causes would include telogen effluvium.iron deficiency,thyroid disease,and protein deficiency.
Typical temporal recession is seen with the male pattern baldness but with the other type diffuse baldness.
Do find out whether you are taking enough proteins for,aminoacids are the building blocks for Keratin.
Iron deficiency is more common in women.Hair and nail problems may occur in unison with Biotin deficiency.
Do get your thyroid panel done too.
A trichogram would help to identify types.
Best wishes

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here