Question: chronic urticaria and claritin d

ogpr5483 - Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:11 pm

ive been taking claritin d for 8 years to treat chronic urticaria and my hives don't go away....but throughout the time taking claritin d, in the last 4 years ive been anxious, have alot of bad panic attacks, some days i feel great and out of nowhere ill have days feeling like im gonna pass out. i have panic attacks that seem like heart attacks, its scary....the thing is that i lived a normal life taking claritin d for all these years, but now im experiencing side effects from the claritin d that are scary and i need to quit taking it....can i just stop taking the claritin? i don't get health insurance till next month so i wont be able to talk to a doctor about this...should i continue taking it till?...my biggest fear is to withdrawl from it baddly...please help, thank you............aside of that, my urticaria comes and goes all day. it depends on weather conditions and all kinds of things. i just hate trying live a normal life and having to explain to people what is wrong with me, the staring can be depressing and the sensation to scratch all over my body and avoiding to do so just so that it doesnt get worse is unbearable...
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:04 am

User avatar Hello,It is surprising that you have been taking a combination of antihistamine and pseudoephedrine for such a prolonged period as a combination,not a recommendation for urticarias to my knowlede.While it is fine with loratidine as an antihistamine,and widely perscribed,as to why you are taking pseudoephedrine along side is the matter and may be the key to all your side effects mentioned.
In all it's simplicity you should discuss with your doctor withdrawing the combination and go in for claritin ie loratidine alone,if he feels it is fine.If you are on self medication time to seek professional help.
 ogpr5483 - Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:15 am

will do....thanks alot for your response.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:50 am

User avatar Hello ogpr5483,It was good interacting with you and hope it would be of help to you in getting over your symptoms.Cheers!

|