News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Dermabond and Forehead Gash

Me and Me - Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:51 pm

On July 20th I hit my head om my metal dining room chair. I now have a small gash on my forehead. I went to the emergency room and the doctor put Dermabond on it which is some kind of glue that either holds the wound together or keeps out dirt. A couple days later it got infected so he put me on antiboiticsand gave me polysporin to help the glue dissolve and told me to wash the area with soap and water. So today I was doing that and accidentally tore it off and my gash isn't healed. Im suppose to go see the doctor again Monday. What should I do inbetween time?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:41 pm

User avatar Hi,
As the wound has gaped following a wound infection, re-suturing the wound immediately is out of question. The wound needs to be thoroughly cleaned(by medical personnel) and dressed.

Therefore, it will be advisable for your to visit the hospital so that a thorough cleaning and debridement of the wound followed by dressing is carried out. This will go a long way in hastening healing and may even render a delayed primary closure (suturing after 4 or 5 days) possible and thus a better cosmetic result may be achieved.

Therefore, the best option under the circumstances(especially as you are a young woman) is to visit the hospital.
Best wishes!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here