Question: Help. good size Red spots on stomach

Healthnutty - Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:12 pm

For the past week and a half I had 1 red spot on my stomach about 2 ereasers big and oblong its not itchy. its a little dry. Doesnt hurt now I am noticing more! here is a picture of one http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2i8f8mb&s=3
Any help is welcome! thanks.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:12 am

User avatar Hello,I am fairly certain these are of pityriasis rosea after having looked at the photo.These rashes appear first along side the rib border and can spread.The first bigger one is known as herald patch.These are generally non itchy.Cause is uncertain but virus is implicated.Does not spread easily though to others.Self limiting it is and resolves in a couple of weeks.
Do consult your doctor.Best wishes.
 Healthnutty - Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:26 pm

Thank you I went to the doctor (finally) and that what it is..I have a mild case she thinks. Thanks for your help!
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:22 pm

User avatar Hello Healthnutty,Good to hear that and you should recover in a couple of weeks.Ok?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Shows how the morphology of a skin lesion is of paramount importance in diagnosing skin lesions(apart from the experience of a clinician, which also counts!).
Good day!
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:35 am

User avatar Thanks Dr.Aroon for your observations.The dermatologist is lucky in that he can see the lesions and interpret while other specialities need more than this!Good wishes.

|