News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Breaking out really bad all over?eczema?

NeedHelpInDallas - Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:19 pm

Hi.I am a 18 year old black female and i have been experience a bad break out with my skin. I been diagnosed with eczema a long time ago early in my childhood but this is the worse case ever(so far).i had been taken so medicine off and on for bi-polar since august 2008 but i stop taking it in feb.thats when i start breaking out but as bad within months it has got progressively worsen.i have broken out on my hands , my arms, my stomach, my thighs , my pubic area, my feet and toes, and my ankles.my little brother is 9 years old and autistic has broken out too even on his penis and he scratches in public and always taking time to say ouch and scratch his self..please help me..i have received medicines and cream such as Diphenhydramine 25mg,triamcinolone 0.1%,and hydrochrodone 0.1%.my skin is so ugly and im worried.i have attached some pics to give you an idea.i have stopped using dial soap even know i started using 3 yrs ago.

here is the album with photos http://s743.photobucket.com/albums/xx79 ... ut%20skin/

please help me and thank you
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:09 am

User avatar Hello,
the pictures that you have enclosed and the history of your autistic brother having similar lesions give a fairly correct diagnosis of scabies. This condition is mistaken many a times for eczema. Though, perhaps you have had bouts of eczema, what you have right now is caused by a parasite called Sarcoptes scabeii and this causes severe itching in the night. this condition spreads within the family and sometimes in the community like hostels. mall children can easily pick up the infection. The important finding here is that the infection is more common between the webs of fingers, breasts, abdomen, genitalia, and the thighs.
The treatment recommended is permethin cream applied all over the body below the neck and washed after 8 hours. This is to be repeated after one week. However, since you have a autistic brother, it is best treated by your family doctor.

Best Wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here