News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Tiny clusters of bumps on fingertips

stringerbe11 - Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:29 am

Hi, I have clusters of bumps on my fingertips, mainly on the first three fingers of my left hand. They do not itch nor hurt at all. There are a few on my right hand and on the back of my fingers. I had only a few at one point about a year ago. I'm a 24 year old guy. Doing a little bit of googling led me to pompholyx but I am not sure that is it. Pompholyx is apparently seasonal though and mine aren't getting better...

What is it and do I need to see a dermatologist? Or how can I treat it myself? Picture is below.

Thanks!

http://www.medhelp.org/photos/show/6009561?type=posts
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:58 pm

User avatar Hello,This is interesting.Sure you do not expect pompholyx( which is known again as dyshydrotic eczema) to persist for so long.They are more transient.The photograph though not clear is more like lichen nitidus or plane viral wart.Lichen nitidus are small flesh coloured dome shaped papules with cause not known.They occur on the fingers more on the dorsal side.But there are case reports.A Case of Palmar Lichen Nitidus- Presenting as a Clinical Feature of Pompholyx, mimiking pompholyx.AnnDerm May 2010 22.2 235-237.
Perhaps a biopsy would settle the issue.Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here