Question: Can the hair grow inside scar tissue?

MoDz - Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:57 am

Hi. I have a scar nearby the temple, just where have to grow hair. But, as you guess, it does not grow. Can I, in any way, have hair again on the place where is the scar located at?
I am 19 years old, the scar is at least on 17. It is not red or swollen, it's almost as the skin around it.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:48 am

User avatar Hello,This area is of the scarring alopecia and sometimes clinical examination alone can not give us an insight in to the condition that caused it.These would include conditions like pseudopelade,lichen- planopilaris etc which can be diagnosed by biopsy.If the follicles are burnt out transplantation may be the only method of restoration.If the biopsy shows neutrophilic infiltration of the follicles, antibiotics and isoretinoin are the typical treatments.But these should only be prescribed by the specialist.

|